History of plant starts its countdown since 1949, when they were made arrangements for allotment of land and the establishment of the Directorate. The project GIPROHIMA USSR direct construction was started in 1950 as a part of the sulfuric acid, superphosphate, oxygen and mechanical repair shops. Was introduced to the network of access roads and two railway stations with two network: superphosphate and factory.
For the first time in the Soviet Union at the Samarkand superphosphate plant was carried out construction of the plant for production of sulfuric acid by contact with the location of the main unit without specialized facilities. Experience the Samarkand superphosphate plant showed that by careful design of operating conditions and repair, machinery sulfuric acid plants can be operated in an open place, which significantly reduces investment costs for the construction of plants and equipment installation, the device facilitates ventilation, removal of harmful gases and excessive heat.
The main purpose of the Samarkand superphosphate plant was the production of phosphorus fertilizers such as "superphosphate" for the needs of the cotton-growing republics of Central Asia. The raw material base is a phosphate deposit in Karatau, Zhambyl region of Kazakhstan.
Since 1954, he began planning the release of sulfuric acid needed to produce mineral fertilizers. Superphosphate plant began operation in 1955. Superphosphate, derived from phosphate Karatau, had poor physical properties - komkovalsya and smear, making it difficult to incorporate it into the soil. In order to improve the properties of simple superphosphate granulation plant construction began, which was completed in 1960. Somewhat earlier installation was installed to obtain battery acid sludge and selenide.
1962 the plant switched to production of ammoniated superphosphate.
It grew at an accelerated pace edition concentrated and complex fertilizers. The most important type of fertilizer was ammophos, production of which was launched in 1976. November 23, 1978 ammophos, worked out by the Samarkand superphosphate plant was awarded the State Quality Mark.
In 1984 enacted phosphoric acid plant construction stage 3 power 136.4 Comrades phosphoric acid per year. In 1994, due to the cessation of supply of phosphate raw materials from Kazakhstan the second phase of the plant has been re-oriented to production of granulated ammonium sulfate.
On the basis of the second stage of the plant, since 1994, we have developed new technology for production of mineral fertilizers based on processing of local raw materials.
In 2004. specialists of enterprises and design institute "Uzkimesanoatloyiha" was introduced a new type of fertilizer AFD (nitrogen-phosphorus fertilizer).
On December 1, 2005 under the order of the State Property Committee of the Republic of Uzbekistan Samarkand Chemical Plant was reorganized into Open Joint Stock Company "Samarkandkimyo."
The number of employees at the plant as of 01.01.2015 year is 598 people.